A new post again and once again my favorite section of all...dessert..yes! it's Cherry (Compote) Cheesecake in Jar! No-Bake and easy recipe in under 20 minutes. Another plus point is here I have no used Gelatin or Agar Agar(vegetarian) to set the cake.
Actually,it was the recipe that I decided to make last minute for my daughter's school event.
I got a bag of delicious cherries and sad part being,no one likes them at home other than me.
So I had them all to myself and I was enjoying them so much.
I thought why not make a dessert for the event using cherries so that since it will be a dessert so even my family would attempt having them.
As I had planned, I made these individual portions of cheesecake in disposable containers and I gave one to my husband and asked him to try and let me know if it is good to share on my blog. He loved it !
So as planned, I made around 12 of these Cherry Cheesecake individual portions in disposable containers and gave to school for the event. Then I made few more portions using whipping cream instead of cream cheese ,just to give a twist in recipe and that was an awesome combination too.
Later that day,I made these cheesecake portions in Jar and we devoured these as soon as I finished clicking.
I have been sharing a lot of sweet and dessert recipes,Please check them out: Kesar Shrikhand , Tender Coconut Pudding , Khaja.
What's interesting about this recipe is that here I have not used Gelatin / Agar Agar(Vegetarian) in this. Its very easy and ready in 15 minutes roughly. Just whip the ingredients together and add layers in jar and serve with compote on top.
Here are few tips:
- India users can use the KrackJack / Parle G cookies instead They taste awesome when used in this recipe.
- Use the ingredients at room temperature.
- Whip the cream cheese and yogurt with hand mixer or with hand whisk.
- Let the sugar dissolve well but do not over beat the cream cheese mix or till will start to liquify.
- You can arrange all the layers and refrigerate before serving.
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake In Jar
- 20 No, Graham Crackers / Marie Biscuits / Parle G Biscuits / KrackJack Biscuits
- For Middle Layer:
- 1 Cup,Philadelphia Cream Cheese / (India) Cream Cheese,Softened
- 1/2 Cup,Hung Curd/Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 Cup,Sugar,Powdered
- For Cherry Compote Layer:
- 1 & 1/2 Cup,Fresh Cherries,pitted ,halved
- 1 Teaspoon,Lemon Juice
- 1/3 Cup,Sugar,powdered
- Cherries for Garnish / India users check this Neo Cherry
- Mason Jelly Jars with Lids / For India check Glass Mason Jar
- Powder the cookies/ crackers in mixer grinder to smooth dust consistency.
- For the cheesecake layer,in a mixing bowl,add the cream cheese,sugar and Greek yogurt.
- With a hand mixer,mix well till all combined well and smooth.
- Refrigerate this till you need to serve it.
- For the cherry compote layer,in a pan,add the cherries,lemon juice,sugar.
- Cook this on low flame till cherries cook and the mixture thickens slightly.
- Let it cool completely.
- To serve:In each Mason Jar,add the crushed cookies till it covers 1/4th of jar.
- Add the cheese mixture till it fills to the top of jar.
- Add the cherry mixture on top along with a fresh cherry to serve.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Yield: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 00:10:00 mins.
Note:This post contains affiliate links
Cheesecake in Jar Cherry Cheesecake Cherry Recipe Eggless Dessert Fun Party Recipe No Bake No Gelatin Spring Recipe