A new post and this time I am sharing a very simple yet most flavorful recipe of homemade Kesar Shrikhand loaded with dryfuits!
I am a huge fan of sweets ,not only chocolates but variety of sweets.You can see my collection of sweets/dessert recipes on the blog for more recipes.
I need to have a bite of something sweet after food. But since I am not much of healthy food eating type of a person so I prefer Ice-Creams/Chocolates/Sweets/Desserts over fresh fruits to munch 😊
I make sure there is some sweet in the refrigerator so that I don't feel that there's something missing after meal. This had been my routine now since a long time.
May be I need to watch my sugar intake now.😀
Shrikhand is a famous Maharashtra Origin sweet/dessert mostly made during festivals/auspicious occasions. It's also made so that it can be enjoyed with Poori as a part of meal and also served in weddings.
We can make Shrikhand with variations.My favorite are Elaichi,Kesar and Mango which is also Amrakhand.
Try this simple recipe of kesar flavored shrikhand!
Kesar Shrikhand (with Dryfuits)
Serves:4 Prep Time: 120 Mins Cook Time: 5 Mins
- 2 Cups, Yogurt / or directly use Hung Curd / Greek Yogurt
- 2 Pinch, Salt
- 1/2 Cup, Powdered White Sugar
- 4 Pinch, Kesar/Saffron
- 2 Tablespoon,Warm Milk
- 1/2 Cup,Dryfruits,sliced/julienne(I used mix of Pistachio, Almonds and Cashewnuts)
- 1/2 Teaspoon,Freshly ground Cardamom Powder
- If you are using yogurt then take a muslin cloth/cheese cloth and pour entire yogurt in the muslin cloth.
- Tie a knot to it and let it hang tied to the kitchen sink tap or on to kitchen counter.
- Make sure you place a small vessel/bowl under the tied cloth to hold the dripping water.
- Let it stand for atleast 2 hours or till all the water from yogurt has drained.
- Instead you can use greek yogurt/hung curd to avoid the above process.
- In a small mixing bowl,add the kesar and warm milk.
- Let it sit for atleast 1 hour.
- Now,take the hung curd/Greek yogurt in a mixing bowl.
- Add all the ingredients mentioned and mix well.
- Add the soaked saffron/ with milk and mix well.
- Refrigerate before serving.
- The more the saffron you use the better the flavor.
- Keep the saffron soaked for a long time to get the lovely color and flavor to shrikhand.
- Adding dryfruits is optional.