This my updated post of Pav / Bread / famous Goan Une..That is what we call them 😊
I had shared this post long long time back and I have been preparing bread since then. Whenever I prepare my mom's recipe of beans gravy or Chicken Masala I prepare these bread to go with them.
Somehow the best way to get the taste from Masoor beans gravy or Chicken Masala is by having them with best soft pav.
Check my recipe of Chicken Masala too.
I also make the soft bread version of this pav for Vada Pav or Pav Bhaji.
I have shared my recipe of these two dishes too.
The soft version of Pav make a great breakfast dish,if you have heard of Bun Maska / Maska Pav, the famous Mumbai street food?
I make it often as I love having this for breakfast or sometimes when I simply crave for it. 😀
Will share my recipe of Bun Maska too 😋
Till then try this recipe and enjoy!
Pav / Bread /Une
Serves: 6 No Prep Time: 100 Mins Cook Time: 40 Mins
- 2 Cups, Maida / All Purpose Flour,spooned and leveled
- 1 Tablespoon, Yeast
- 1 Teaspoon, Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon, Salt
- 1/2 Cup, Salted Butter, softened
- 1/4th Cup, Vegetable Oil
- 1/4th Cup,Warm Water
- Extra Butter / Oil / Non Stick Cooking Spray
- Aluminum Foil
- Baking Pan
- In a mixing bowl, add warm water,yeast,salt and sugar and mix well.
- Cover it and keep aside. Let it sit for 10 to 15 mins to become frothy.
- Now, in another bowl sieve flour 2 times.
- To this add the yeast mixture,which is frothy now.
- Add butter and oil.
- Now knead with dough attachments of the hand mixer at medium speed for 7 mins to 10 mins.
- Make sure the dough consistency to get soft bread is right when the dough is soft itself and very light.
- Keep it in a bowl covered in a warm place to rise.
- After 1 hour it will rise and have doubled in volume.
- Now apply some oil to your hands and punch the dough for 2 mins.
- Now divide the dough into 6 parts and with hands make the desired shape to get the final bread.
- Apply little oil /butter / spray to the baking pan .
- Arrange the aluminum oil and keep the dough balls on it.
- Again leave it for 30 mins to rise.
- Brush the top of bread with milk or butter or both.
- Bake these in a preheated oven at 350 F for 40 mins or till they are golden brown.
- Once done rub a little butter on them to give them nice shiny look.
- Serve with any gravy of your choice.
- To get the final bread very soft,you need to get the right consistency of dough softness.
- You can add wheat flour instead of maida to make these bread healthier. Brown wheat bread :)
- Here I made two types of bread: one soft which we used to have with Pav Bhaji and second which were hard and we had them with Chicken Masala.
- To get the tough / hard bread like Goa Une,you need to bake them at 400F / 200C for 30 minutes.