A new post..a very interesting post for all street food lovers..it's Vada Pav!
Yes, it's the one of the most loved street food of all time!
Street food is my weak point.I love to try a lot of street food variety and enjoy them at home whenever I feel like having them 😁
Weekends are actually more hectic for me these days rather being lazy ,as I end up making so many dishes starting from breakfast till supper , that I actually loose count of how many hours I have been in kitchen!
Weekdays do not give me so much time to cook something with so many ingredients to go in for one dish,so I make up for them on the weekends.
Garlic chutney was the stunner! something which looked so spicy but was very gentle in taste yet very tasty!
Do try my version of this recipe and enjoy!
- 4 Ladi Pav / Goan Une / Pav (Recipe of Pav)
- 4 Batata Vada (Recipe of Batata Vada)
- Green Chutney (Recipe of Green Chutney)
- Sweet Chutney (Recipe of Sweet Chutney)
- For Garlic Chutney:
- 6 (I used big garlic cloves) Garlic,cloves
- 4 Tablespoons Grated Coconut (I used Fresh)
- 2 Teaspoons White Sesame Seeds
- 10 Peanuts
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon (adjust as per choice) Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- For Fried Green Chillies:
- 6 Green Chillies,with stem
- 1/4th Cup Buttermilk
- a pinch Salt
For the fried green chilies,put a slit in each green chili keeping the stem intact.
Take out the seeds if possible.
In a small mixing bowl,add the buttermilk and salt.
Dip all the green chilies in this and keep aside for atleast 3 hours.
The more you keep the more better taste for the chilies.
Heat oil for deep frying.
Drain all the chilies and deep fry them till crispy and cooked.
Next,you need to make the pav /ladi pav/Goan Une.
Please check my recipe of Pav/ Une.
Here I have used whole wheat pav.
Next you will need to make the batata vada.
Please check my recipe of vada.
For Garlic chutney,in a small tadka pan add all the ingredients mentioned for garlic chutney.
Dry roast them till it leaves aroma or roast with a teaspoon of oil.
Do not burn it.
Let it cool and grind to dry chutney powder.
To assemble,put a slit horizontally in pav.
Apply green and red sweet chutney.
Apply garlic chutney.
Place vada and fried chili.
Serve hot with sweet chutney!
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 4 Servings
- I have made whole wheat pav here to serve with vada. You can try making them with all purpose flour too.
- To get soft pav, so that are easy to chew on,just make the pav dough very soft and stretchy.
- Add little more butter to dough to make final pav soft.