A new post and this time I am sharing a wonderful post which was made so unplanned and turned out to be a hit!..Chili Garlic Chicken Bites!
I was craving for some spicy yet tasty and not to forget fried chicken 😋 but I wanted to eat some Indian taste to the chicken too so I thought of making a Indian influenced chicken bites.
If you are not a deep fried food fan then try air frying them that's a healthier alternative or even bake them!
Another way to cook them would be shallow/pan fry these!
If you like very spicy/hot food then try adding little more chili powder/pepper powder to this and you will love this even more. I used chili powder moderately as I wanted to make it and serve to my family too.
I am so addicted to fried chicken but I don't prepare it often for health reasons but I make these recipes once in a while so that I do not totally miss on fried food 😀
This recipe can be a great appetizer/snack for parties/potluck. Kids will be attracted to this dish as all kids love chicken and that too fried ,crisp and yumm!!
Do try and share your feedback!
Chili Garlic Chicken Bites
by Prasanna Hede
Serves: 4 Servings Prep Time:60 Minutes Cook Time:10 Minutes
- 2 No,Chicken Breasts,cut in bite size pieces
- For Marination:
- 2 Teaspoon, Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 8 No,Large Garlic Cloves
- 1 No, Small Onion,sliced
- 1/2 Teaspoon, Cumin Powder
- 1 & 1/2 Teaspoon, Coriander Powder
- 1/4th Cup, Greek Yogurt / Hung Curd
- 2 Tablespoon,Cream Cheese,softened
- As per taste,Salt
- For Coating:
- 1/4th Cup,Plain Bread Crumbs
- 3/4th Cup,Instant Oats,roughly crushed
- 1/2 Cup, Maida / APF
- as per need,Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon, Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 3 Sprigs, Cilantro,finely chopped
- Oil to Fry
- Firstly,wash and cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- In a mixer grinder,add onion,garlic,chili powder,cumin powder and coriander powder.
- Add little water to make smooth dry paste.
- In a mixing bowl,add the paste along with rest of the ingredients mentioned under "For Marination".
- Add the chicken pieces to this.
- Mix well and refrigerate for alteast an hour.
- In another mixing bowl,add all the ingredients mentioned "For coating".
- Make this a dry mix.
- Do not add any water to make batter out of it.
- Now, heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- When its hot,reduce the flame to medium.
- With the help of a fork or tong dip each chicken piece in the dry mix and drop slowly in oil.
- Once cooked well,drain them on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Serve hot with any sauce of your choice!
- You can add more chili powder if you want more spice added to this.
- Do not add any water to coating to make batter.