I have finally prepared pizza at home and now want to make lot of variations with topping and crust!!
This post is basically focused on how to make the Pizza Base.
You can get a pizza base from store too if you want to skip this step.
I prepared my own pizza base and its super quick.
Ingredients (This quantity will yield you 1 Medium size pizza base):
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour / Maida
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tsp Active Dry Yeast
- Warm Milk as per need
- 1/2 Cup Warm Water
- 4 Tbsp Butter, at room temperature
- In a bowl mix, yeast,salt,sugar and warm water. Mix it well. Cover it and keep it aside.
- In approximately 7-10 minutes the yeast will bloom completely.
- In another mixing bowl,add maida,yeast mixture,butter and mix to form a dough.
- Add little milk if more liquid is needed to form dough.
- knead the dough with soft hands.
- Cover it and keep in warm place.
- It will rise and double in size in approximately 1 to 1 & 1/2 Hour.
- Your dough is ready!
- Now cover this dough with lid or damp cloth and leave it aside for 1 and 1/2 hr.
- It will be double in size. Now apply little oil to your hands and punch the dough.
- Spread it evenly on a baking tray to form a nice pizza base.