This is an update on old post . I have updated the pictures and recipe.
Tandoori chicken is a most popular starter/appetizer on most of the menu selections.
I think every lady who likes to do experiments in her kitchen has at least tried once to cook tandoori, in an attempt to achieve the restaurant quality of tandoori.
Well, even i did that myself, don't remember how many times and finally perfected it.😊
This recipe is a very much healthy option in tandoori as I have not used any oil in this recipe.
So here's another successful attempt to make yummy and flavorful tandoori :)
Oven - Grilled Tandoori Chicken
Serves: 2 No Prep Time:2 Hours Cook Time: 30 Mins
- 2 No, Chicken Leg Pieces
- 2 Tablespoon, Hung curd / Greek Yogurt
- as per taste,Salt
- 1 Teaspoon, Cumin Powder
- 1 Teaspoon, Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon, Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Teaspoon, Tandoori Masala Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon, Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- a Pinch, Orange food color (food color)
- 1/4th Teaspoon, Kasoori Methi
- 2 Tablespoon, Ginger-Garlic Paste
- Wash the chicken pieces and make incisions on the chicken skin.
- In a mixing bowl,add all the ingredients mentioned other than Chicken pieces.
- Apply the masala to the chicken pieces well.
- Keep it refrigerated for at least 2 hrs.
- Preheat oven at 350 F / 180 C.
- Place a grilling plate / rack at the center in the oven.
- Apply some butter to the grilling rack/plate.
- If you are using a non-stick grill pan then no need of applying any butter to plate.
- Now place the marinated pieces on the grilling rack and grill / bake for 30 mins.
- Turn the chicken pieces upside down once in between to ensure even cooking.
- Serve with salad or rice of your choice.
- Adjust the spice level as as per preference.
- Adjust the oven timings as per individual oven settings.
Enjoy Eating!! :)
Appetizer butter free Chicken Grilled healthy Indian oil free oven-grilled Starters Tandoori Tandoori chicken