A new post...this time I am sharing recipe which turned out to be a blast of many flavors - that you will not stop having just one!...it's Tandoori Egg Wrap!
A better lunch/dinner fix if you are looking for a change in your routine food.
I wanted to make something quick for lunch today as I had some other plans which could not let me make an elaborate seafood/chicken meal for all. The best option was to make a wrap...well this is with Egg.
If you are vegetarian then make this roll with the same recipe, just replace Egg with Paneer/Cottage Cheese. You will be very happy with the outcome!
If you love seafood and chicken too like me then try using fish fillets/chicken fillets too.
Coming back to my recipe,here I made flatbread out of Maida/All Purpose Flour, since I did not have Tortilla at home.
If you want to prepare flatbread with All purpose flour at home then you need to eat it instantly else the bread will turn soggy/stretchy and will be difficult to bite.
Best option use store bought tortilla/or if you want to make simple flatbread with APF at home then consume immediately.
Try this recipe and impress all with the superb combination of flavors!
Tandoori Egg Wrap
- 4 Tortilla or Homemade Flatbread
- For Tandoori Egg:
- 4 Eggs,Hard Boiled,Peeled,Cut into wedges
- 2 Tablespoon Yogurt
- 2 & 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- Orange/Red Food Color (optional)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Tandoori Masala Powder
- 2 Tablespoon Oil / Butter
- For Stuffing:
- 2 Small Onion,sliced
- 2 Small Tomato,sliced
- as per need Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- For Green Chutney:
- 2 Teaspoon Yogurt
- a small bunch Mint leaves
- a small bunch Cilantro
- as per need Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1" piece Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Jeera Powder
- 1 Small Green Chili
- 4 Teaspoon Mayonnaise
- 4 Teaspoon Tomato Ketchup
- 4 Pieces/ Leaves of Lettuce
- First,boil the egg till done.
- Peel the shells and cut in to wedges / halves.
- In a mixing bowl,add all the ingredients mentioned under "For Tandoori Egg".
- Add butter or oil to a flat girddle / pan.
- Now softly dip the egg wedges one by one in the mix and place on flat griddle.
- Make sure the masala is coated well and eggs do not break.
- Let the eggs cook till masala is cooked.
- This will take around 2 - 5 minutes approximately.
- Next,make the sauce chutney.
- In a mixer grinder add the ingredients mentioned under "For Green Chutney" and grind to a smooth chutney by adding very little water.
- Try to keep this slightly thick and not watery.
- Next,caramelize the onions and tomatoes.
- In a pan,add oil and place all the sliced onions and tomatoes.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Toss well and let them cook till the onions and tomatoes are nicely golden/brown in color.
- To arrange,place the tortilla,apply a teaspoon of each mayonnaise and tomato ketchup.
- Place few tandoori egg pieces.
- Place few caramelized onions and tomatoes.
- Place a lettuce piece.
- Finally add little green chutney.
- Fold the edges of tortilla such that the stuffing does not fall out.
- Optionally wrap around with a piece of parchment paper.
- Serve warm!
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 4 Servings
- Adding food color is optional.
- Apply the mix to eggs with hands.
- Make sure the eggs are not broken when frying on griddle.
- you can optionally carry this step on a grill or in oven too instead of griddle.
- You can make flatbread at home with Maida. But it needs o be consumed immediately.